Translate

Thursday, May 08, 2008

One Missed Call

Faint heartbeat growing louder, panting sound coming from a child and then a scream, this is what sets the pace for this movie from the very beginning. Although am not a big fan of horror movies, One Missed Call had me starting at my LCD screen in the middle of the night with it being source of illumination for my room. I stared at the movie and wondered where I had seen a similar story line. Until you see the third death in the movie it is mostly a blur of events that keeps you guessing about what the movie hold.

Plot:
The movie starts of with a hospital on fire and a little girl being carried by a fireman who asks about her mom. The girl doesn’t reply but it is known that there is something that happened that wasn’t supposed to. The very next screen after the credits roll the movie starts with deaths all around. People getting killed and all the killings seem unexplained. Right till the end we are kept guessing what was the reason for the deaths and why it was happening.

The movie was made with good quality special effects (not too much) and the cast were very fitting in their roles (all the way down to their expressions). It was really cool to watch what effect artists can do with a face if they have it their computer. I did enjoy One Missed Call but it had a strange and uncanny resemblance to Final Destination. I have to admit after watching all part of Final destination one is rather hooked to the scenario of death around us being unexplained or of supernatural origin. I guess this movie tried to do just that but was deliberately made different so that it doesn’t look like another notch in the Final Destination franchise.

This movie had its share of freaky time on screen compared to the two previous movies I had watched. Over all I would rate this movie 6.5/10


No comments: